From Naomi in The Wolf of Wall Street to Harley Quinn, Margot Robbie has managed to span genres and personality in all the roles she’s played. Recently, she has been nominated for Best Actress in Oscar for her role as the figure skater Tonya Harding in "I, Tonya".
To those who are keen to learn more about this talented beauty, here are 15 stunning facts that you should probably know.
1. Margot was born in Australia in 1990, and was raised by her grandparents. Before she began her acting career at 17 years old, she worked three jobs to help support her family.
2. When she was preparing for her sex scene with Leonardo DiCaprio, she got so nervous that she took three shots of tequila – at nine in the morning!
3. During her audition for Wolf of Wall Street, she actually slapped Leo in the face in a fighting scene. But the director and Leo both thought it was great and told her to do it again!
4. She’s not a girly girl. "I'm happiest when I'm surfing or out on the farm hunting wild pigs, building cubbies out in the paddocks or riding around on motorbikes," she once said.
5. It took a lot of people by surprise when she got married to her boyfriend Tom Ackerley in December, 2016.
6.The scene in The Wolf of Wall Street where she appears naked in front of Leo was actually supposed to have her in a robe. But Margot insisted that the character should go nude because she wanted the film to be more realistic.
7. She used to take circus classes when she was little and even earned a trapeze certificate, which really helped her when she was playing Harley Quinn.
8. "Maggot" is an affectionate nickname for Margot Robbie that was given by family, and she has two brothers and a sister.
9. "I'm always single. I'm never in one place long enough to get a boyfriend." It seems that a beauty like her still struggles to find a date. When asked about her prince charming, she said, "Rugged. I like ponytails, beards, maybe a tattoo."
10. Margot used to work at Subway. Before she made her acting debut, she was a pro at making the perfect hoagie, especially BLTs.
11. Margot Robbie turned down big bucks to do Playboy after Hugh Hefner asked for 'that one from Wolf of Wall Street.'
12. She loves playing the piano and has the urge to play every time she sees one.
13. She is a big lover of beer and french fries. She admits: "I love beer, fries, burgers, but if I have to get in a bikini then I eat carrot sticks for three days. I’m one extreme or the other."
14. Ranked No.22 on Maxim’s "Hot 100" of 2014 list.
15. Voted as "Sexiest Eyes" by Victoria’s Secret's annual What is Sexy List, 2015.